S.O.S.

If you have found your way here you need to simplify your life, organize your surroundings, save some money, or all three. I will share things we have done in our own quest to improve these areas. I will also include tips and ideas that we have not done ourselves, but may be helpful for you. I will add photos where possible and I will try to keep the posts short and simple so you can follow the tips easily. Put the tips into place and you will start to see and feel the change.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my Amazon Store that is full of books and products to help you simplify, organize and save.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Holiday Decoration Sort

Happy Easter! Today is a perfect day to start a project that will take a full year. Starting with this holiday, you can do a complete sort of your Easter decorations as you put them away. This exercise in organization is also for the purpose of simplifying the category of Holiday Decorations. It is easy to discover that you are on the verge of hoarding after many years of collecting decorations. The ages of your children or your interest in the holiday will be factors in the size of your holiday decoration collections. I have huge boxes of Halloween decorations because my son likes to decorate an area of the yard as a spooky graveyard. I have sorted and eliminated Christmas decorations as my son has aged. I no longer get as over-the-top with decorations as I used to when my son was small. I save sentimental things, but I am careful not to place everything in the sentimental category. I have already done this sort with several holidays. I also use the large colored bins that are usually available all year, but are plentiful around each holiday. This makes it easy to know which boxes contain which holiday items. Green and red for Christmas, orange for Halloween, pastel for Easter etc. I have found this works better than a label for ease of locating. You should try to eliminate at least ten items from each holiday stash and get things more organized for next year. If you tend to buy certain holiday items each year such as wrapping paper or egg coloring kits, be sure to buy what you need for next year right after each holiday. Things are on clearance and are much less expensive than right before the holiday next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment