S.O.S.

If you have found your way here you need to simplify your life, organize your surroundings, save some money, or all three. I will share things we have done in our own quest to improve these areas. I will also include tips and ideas that we have not done ourselves, but may be helpful for you. I will add photos where possible and I will try to keep the posts short and simple so you can follow the tips easily. Put the tips into place and you will start to see and feel the change.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my Amazon Store that is full of books and products to help you simplify, organize and save.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Simplify Your Internet Profile

One day my son told me that he Googled himself and he found way too many pictures. That made me start to wonder about just how much information was out there about me and my family. I realized that through my blogs, facebook, twitter, etsy, artfire, flickr, etc. I have been putting our name and pictures out there in a lot of different places. I decided to reign that in a little and I deleted all of the pictures that were no longer needed. I am more choosy about the ones I post.  As I was deleting pictures from places they didn't need to be, I also took the opportunity to check privacy settings on Facebook. I have gone to several sites that I no longer use and unsubscribed or cancelled membership. Recent news about how employers are using Facebook and Google to gain information also made me realize that we should be very careful about our Internet Profile.  Take the time and think about how much you are putting out there about yourself and family. Google each member of your family and go to those sites to see if you can eliminate some of the public ability to find out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment