S.O.S.

If you have found your way here you need to simplify your life, organize your surroundings, save some money, or all three. I will share things we have done in our own quest to improve these areas. I will also include tips and ideas that we have not done ourselves, but may be helpful for you. I will add photos where possible and I will try to keep the posts short and simple so you can follow the tips easily. Put the tips into place and you will start to see and feel the change.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my Amazon Store that is full of books and products to help you simplify, organize and save.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just Say No

In an attempt to simplify as many parts of my life as possible, I learned how to say “No” more often. If you are looking for more time to yourself or with your family, then you need to prioritize what you agree to volunteer your time and/or money for. If you are not the homeroom mom or president of the PTA, your child will not think less of you. If you do not want to go out with co-workers, they will be fine without you. If you politely decline invitations to things you really have no interest in, then people will just go on without you. They will not be affected, but you will have your time to yourself and not spend an evening participating in a social event thinking that you wish your were anywhere else. You should not feel guilty for putting your interests and needs first. Practice saying “no” with simple things first if it is hard for you. Little white lies or polite statements, such as “Sorry, I already have plans.” or “I’m sorry, I can’t really help right now.” may be used. Your “plans” may be reading a book, but you are not obligated to tell anyone what your plans are. Save your time and energy for the things that are important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment